TATA SONS PRIVATE LIMITED
PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR WWW.TATASECHALLENGE.ORG
Your privacy is important to us. Tata Sons Private Limited (“Tata Sons” or “we”) takes the privacy of your information seriously. This privacy statement explains what personal data we collect from you, on www.tatasechallenge.org and how we use that data.
This privacy statement applies to the www.tatasechallenge.org. Please note that this Website may include links to websites of third parties whose privacy practices differ from those of Tata Sons. If you provide personal data to any of those websites, then your data is governed by their privacy statements.
includes information that you submit to Tata Sons via www.tatasechallenge.org and information which is accessed by Tata Sons pursuant to your visit to the website
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a Website and stored in your web browser while you are browsing. A cookie generally allows the Website to “remember” your actions or preference for a certain period
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including the GDPR and the Information Technology Act, 2000, as amended or substituted
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679
Tata Sons or us
Tata Sons Private Limited, a company incorporated in India whose registered office is at Bombay House, 24 Homi Mody Street, Mumbai, India, 400001
User or you
the natural person who accesses the Website
the website that you are currently using, www.tatasechallenge.org
Tata Sons collects data to operate this Website. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you register on the Website to participate in competitions.
You can visit the Website without telling us who you are. You can make choices about our collection and use of your data. For instance, you may want to access, edit or remove the personal information in the Website. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline.
3. Data Collected
We may collect information or pieces of information that could allow you to be identified, including:
- Contact information: We collect name, contact number, email id, username, business name, country, state, city.
- We also collect qualification details, designation, sector of operation, business structure, business plan details and passwords.
4. How we Collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- Data is given to us by you when you register for the competition.
- Data is collected automatically pursuant to your visit to the Website.
5. Data shared by You
Tata Sons may collect your Data in several ways from your use of this Website.
- When you contact us through the Website (e-mail address, hyperlink or social media address posted therein).
- When you register in the Website to participate in competitions.
- When you register with us to access the Website, receive our products, services and/or newsletters.
- When you complete surveys conducted by or for us.
- When you elect to receive any communications (including any newsletter, promotional offers) from us.
- From the information gathered by your visit to our webpages.
- Information provided by you (such as for subscribing to our newsletters, contest registration, etc.).
6. Data that is Collected Automatically
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation.
- We may collect your Data automatically via Cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about Cookies, please see the section below, titled “Cookies”.
7. Our Use of Data
Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Processing your applications and shortlisting candidates for competition.
- Improvement of our products or services, as well as of our group entities.
- Transmission by email or any other form of communication of marketing materials to you.
- Contact for survey or feedback which may be done using email or mail.
- To enable our group entities to reach out to you in relation to their programs managed by them/ products or services offered by them.
- To process your requests (such as replying to your queries) and.
- To execute other activities such as marketing campaign, promotional communications for which consent is taken appropriately.
We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
8. Who we share Data with
We may share your personal Data with:
- Tata Sons-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries and other entities within the Tata group of companies, to assist them to reach out to you in relation to their programs or campaigns (including marketing and sales) and to process your query/ requests.
- Our employees, vendors, agents and professional advisors working on our behalf for the purposes described in this policy statement and
- Service-providers who assist in protecting and securing our systems and provide services to us which require the processing of personal data, such as to host your information or to process your information for data profiling and user analysis.
We usually do not share personal Data collected from the Website with other third parties. However, this may happen if:
- You request or authorize us to do so.
- We need to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process or
- We need to operate and maintain the security of this Website, including preventing or stopping an attack on our computer systems or networks.
9. Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data and we store your Data on secure servers.
Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Retention of Personal Data
Tata Sons retains personal Data for as long as necessary to provide the access to and use of the Website or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types and purposes, actual retention periods can vary significantly.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for audit, legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
11. Your Rights
When we process Data about you, we do so with your one-time consent and/or as necessary to provide the Website you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests of Tata Sons as described in this privacy statement.
Below, you will find additional privacy information that you may find important. Tata Sons adheres to applicable data protection laws in the European Economic Area, which if applicable includes the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request
- copies of the information we hold about you at any time or
- that we modify, update or delete such information.
If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to limit the way in which we can use it. We may not be able to block Google from tracking user behaviour as well as some demographic data, including Age and Geography.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data by giving it to third parties referred in paragraph 8 above
We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of all changes to your personal data to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
If you want Tata Sons to change your information or have any other queries with respect to how we manage your information, please contact us at email@example.com.
12. Security of Personal Data
Tata Sons is committed to protecting the security of your Data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
13. Where We Store and Process Personal Data
In general, personal Data collected and processed under this statement is hosted on servers located in India. Tata Sons is part of a corporate group with affiliates and subsidiaries based in the European Economic Area (EEA), the U.S. and Asia. We take steps to ensure that the Data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
14. Links to other websites
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as-intended.
16. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser. On doing so, the Website will stop functioning.
17. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
18. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
20. Changes to this Privacy Statement
Tata Sons reserves the right to change this privacy statement as it may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the privacy statement on your first use of the Website following the alterations.